Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My running app

Hello, today a new training...

I run three times a week with my running app "Hardlopen met Evy" It's an app from Belgium also available in the Netherlands. The app is free to download and you can try every first training from every available program. I purchased the program "Je eerste 5 km 10 wkn" which is your first 5k in 10 weeks. The program costs 300 points and that is €3,99. I don't think that is expensive for a running programm.

Scheme for the 5k program

The program last for 10 weeks and the first 9 weeks the 3 runs are the same. The last week holds 3 different runs. During your runs you alter running and walking.

Week 1: Three runs of 20 minutes. Max. 2 minutes at a time, 4 times. (10 min. running - 10 min. walking)
Week 2: Three runs of 24 minutes. Max. 3 minutes at a time, 2 times (12 min. running - 12 min. walking)
Week 3: Three runs of 27 minutes. Max. 4 minutes at a time, 1 time (14 min. running - 13 min. walking)
Week 4: Three runs of 29 minutes. Max. 4 minutes at a time, 2 times (17 min. running - 12 min. walking)
Week 5: Three runs of 30 minutes. Max. 5 minutes at a time, 2 times (18 min. running - 12 min. walking)
Week 6: Three runs of 32 minutes. Max. 7 minutes at a time, 2 times (24 min. running - 8 min. walking)
Week 7: Three runs of 33 minutes. Max. 10 minutes at a time, 1 time (26 min. running - 7 min. walking)
Week 8: Three runs of 35 minutes. Max. 11 minutes at a time, 2 times (30 min. running - 5 min. walking)
Week 9: Three runs of 39 minutes. Max. 13 minuten at a time, 2 times (34 min. running - 5 min. walking)
Week 10: 
Training 1; 40 minutes. Max. 15 minutes at a time, 2 rimes (35 min. running - 5 min. walking)
Training 2; 30 minutes running.
Training 3; 32 minutes running.

My experience with the program

At the time of wrinting I'm in the fifth week of the program and feel like my speed is going up this week. I like that the program is 10 weeks, last time I started running I had a six week program and couldn't keep up with it. Now I feel I can actually do this and will be able to run a 5k in a few weeks.

My experience with the app

What I like about the app is that you can set if you want to hear an update every 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 minutes and if you want to hear random encouragements or not. If you complete a run you get 4 points. So if you finish a program you already have about 120 points to buy another program. To start a run you have to have a GPS signal, unfortunately sometimes it will happen that you have a signal during your run and when you want to save your run it can't because it has no signal. Now I have two runs unchecked because of this. According to the people from the app, they know this happens and hope they can fix it in the next update. They said it helps to reinstall the app. Your runs are saves and will appear again when you log in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment