Monday, June 15, 2015

How it started.

Hi everybody,

Welcome to my blog!

A few months ago (January) I got a membership at the gym. I want to get fit and lose some weight. At the gym I did cardio workouts and joined Pilates classes. A couple of years ago I started running, but I just couldn't keep up with it at the time. But at the gym I actually enjoyed running for a workout and installed a running app on my phone and started practicing for a 5k on the treadmill. It went very well and I started running outside and now I'm kind of addicted to running!

I do a 10 week program to run a 5k. I start with week 5 this week and am able to run for 5 minutes. Something I thought impossible a few weeks ago, 2 minutes was hard. Every time I'm looking forward to my next run and I will do a running event in my area in October. It's called the "Zeemijlenloop" or Sea miles run. And I will run 3 sea miles (5,56 km) 

Go run!

No comments:

Post a Comment