Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Week 6 run 16 and 17

I'm already in my sixth week of training for a 5k. Three similar runs of 32 minutes, 24 min. running and 8 minutes of walking. Altering 5-2-7-2-7-2-5-2. So up from max. 5 minutes to max. 7 minutes.

Run 16:

June 26th. Today was my first run where I was able to run 7 minutes at a time. I couldn't even do that during physical education classes years back. This was also my first run in my new running shoes. I bought myself a pair of Mizuno wave inspire 10's and they feel great. The shoes I ran in were some cheap pair of shoes with no support and suspension. So I like my first pair of "real" running shoes. As you can see in the picture I used a different running app. My other app started acting up and as I told you in the review it wouldn't save my runs. The runs get a lot easier to remember so I decided to try the Nike+ running app to log my runs and use my watch to do the intervals. I really liked it this time and will use it again next time.

Run 17:

June 28th. Well today wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. First of all, I forgot my water bottle. As it was 21° C (70°F) outside. So I couldn't do the full training as I wanted. But I improved my min/km time to 8:10/km. So not a bad run, but I just couldn't continue. To top it off, when I came home I found out I lost my drivers license during my run, I hopped on my bike and went back to search for it, but I couldn't find it. Yesterday (June 29th) someone told me that people brought a drivers license to the local police station on Sunday. So today I went and got it back. I am so thankful for the people who took it to the police station right away!


No comments:

Post a Comment